Topic: Clarification on New Client reset

Well this has been a big debate and I have heard many conflicting opinions so I want to get it all settled out so I would appreciate any GM or informed facts on the situation. I know what the website says. Too bad the website hasn't been updated in ages. So in case you don't know, the website says that there will NOT be a reset. But I hear that the New Client will be totally clean, brand new. And it will be like Minecraft. They have Minecraft BETA, which gets updated and shit and more people play it. Then they have Minecraft Classic which is the old one, the beginning one that they still have up but it never gets updates and less people play it. So I'm guessing that is what Faldon is going to be like. A "classic" server where no new accounts can be made or something and you can go play on your old characters there and then go to the new client to play on new freshly reset characters?

That's the vibe I'm getting. Rob said so, and IIRC Rick did as well. But Zer seems to be saying otherwise according to the website. So a little clarification would be very nice.

Alright thanks,

John

Member of SlutsOfFire! Heil ein Fuhrer Rob!

Re: Clarification on New Client reset

The New Client is nothing but an update to the current faldon system. There will be a New Server, where everything is reset.

If you want to stay in contact with me you can add me on Instagram

Instagram

It's important to make the distinction between a new server and a new client. The new client will be compatible with the current server and the new server which will be made some time in the future. So with the release of the new client you will still be able to play your current characters.

As far as I know the plan is to keep the current server running alongside a future new server, so it'll essentially be a Faldon "Classic" server. The classic server will not get any serious updates and will probably die out once the new server gets going. The new server will be a fresh start, nothing from the classic server will be transfered to the new server. The new server will (hopefully) be a whole new Faldon.

you just made me smile

Best Player Alive.

Alright thanks guys! And Rick, by saying "die out" you do mean people just leave it after the new server gets going correct? And not Zer being like, oh well most people are in new server let's hit this button. *Old Server Connection Severed* Now everyone will have to go to the new server! etc.

King Faldon wrote:

Alright thanks guys! And Rick, by saying "die out" you do mean people just leave it after the new server gets going correct? And not Zer being like, oh well most people are in new server let's hit this button. *Old Server Connection Severed* Now everyone will have to go to the new server! etc.

By "die out" I mean that the players will leave the old server and play the new server which will have the new content and gets all the attention and love from Zer and the rest of the GMs.

When you guys say Faldon Classic, i think of the original client/server so long ago. Nothing to do with this client.

Angeldust

True, but no one from the Original server still plays.

EDIT: I'm talking about 1996.

Last edited by King Faldon (April 1st, 2011 9:05 PM)

Angeldust wrote:

When you guys say Faldon Classic, i think of the original client/server so long ago. Nothing to do with this client.

Angeldust

I wish desert map/Church server was released again, i asked Zer about this many years ago apperently he just wrote over the previous server files from the previous client.

King Faldon wrote:

True, but no one from the Original server still plays.

EDIT: I'm talking about 1996.

I am still around, but I dont play - so i guess your right. I bet there are still a few others as well that periodically check up on Faldon. Something about being one of the first online games played as a kid. This and Zers other project "The Odyssey". Him and Bugaboo!

Angeldust,

This game has needed reset since at least 2003, and I haven't played for almost 5 years. Bout damn time. I've been playing DDO and Pathfinder, maybe I'll come back to this game and spend my piles of money on it again. After all, it's not like I have a woman or friends or a social life to spend them on.

I love you bastards. Each and every one of you, and I really mean that.

Last edited by RealCatbert (April 20th, 2011 1:05 AM)

RealCatbert wrote:

This game has needed reset since at least 2003, and I haven't played for almost 5 years. Bout damn time. I've been playing DDO and Pathfinder, maybe I'll come back to this game and spend my piles of money on it again. After all, it's not like I have a woman or friends or a social life to spend them on.

I love you bastards. Each and every one of you, and I really mean that.

Haha, poor Catbert. Thats really funny who ever you are.
By the way was Catbert ever de-gmed or did he just quit? My memory is hazy on this one.
He was probably the most currupt GM faldon has ever seen. I don't believe he saw how he was currupt himself though.

Last edited by Roachsta (April 20th, 2011 4:31 AM)

Catbert wasn't corrupt, he just had a habit of making shortsighted decisions.  His intent was always good, though.

Catbert sucks! yikes

I can't wait for a release date.

Roachsta wrote:

I wish desert map/Church server was released again, i asked Zer about this many years ago apperently he just wrote over the previous server files from the previous client.

Just someone talking about church map gives me an erection. An even bigger one when it's you, you sexy thing.

Still got your same old MC17 MSN? It would be sweet to play some together on an eventual new server wink

Mumblee wrote:

Catbert wasn't corrupt, he just had a habit of making shortsighted decisions.  His intent was always good, though.

Well... The total lack of social sanity was a bit of a problem as well. Few people measure up to the weirdness of the Catman.

Last edited by browen (July 24th, 2011 11:37 AM)

Don't be hating on Bill now, he's cute!

P.S. Kinda surreal to see ppl like Mumblee and FB on here... :-)

"We must face the fact that the preservation of individual freedom is incompatible with a full satisfaction of our views of distributive justice."

I have been inactive from Faldon for like 5+ years... but I still troll the fuck outta the forums big_smile

I don't question my sexuality, my sexuality questions me.
Self Gratification is God's greatest gift to man.
Single Male looking for a Female... My standards are 8 to 80, blind crippled or crazy... occasionally fat and lazy...

Likewise.

Likedumb

If you want to stay in contact with me you can add me on Instagram

Instagram